Best Free Google Analytics Dashboard Plugins
for Your WordPress Website.
As I have most recently experienced the need to find an alternative to Jetpack, this lead to compiling these articles. I hope that this compilation can help you pursue a Google Analytics plugin for your WordPress Dashboard. We have included all of the reference article links at the bottom of the page.
Searching for the best WordPress Google Analytics plugins?
No matter what type of website you have, Google Analytics can help you boost your marketing efforts and monitor your site’s performance. And with the right plugin, you can enjoy a simpler setup process and easier access to your data.
Fortunately, there are a few excellent tools on the market. They’re easy to install, so you won’t have to worry about digging into your site’s code. Plus, they provide you with the most critical information to focus on the metrics that matter for your website.
In this article, we’ll give you an overview of the six best WordPress Google Analytics plugins. Let’s go!
Why you might need a WordPress Google Analytics plugin
Using Google Analytics is a must if you want to make data-driven decisions about your website and business. It helps you understand where your visitors come from, their preferences, and how they use your website. You can also measure your marketing campaigns’ effectiveness and determine what keywords your content ranks best for.
However, Google Analytics can be challenging to understand for many beginners. It gives you access to vast amounts of information, so navigating its interface is not very straightforward. Unless you know what you’re looking for, it can be overwhelming to the average user.
Also, you need to integrate your Google Analytics account with your website, which is not an easy process. It typically involves adding an HTML tag to your site’s header – a tricky task if you’re not familiar with code and not the easiest setup to maintain, even if you are.
That’s where WordPress Google Analytics plugins come in handy. Most of them are easy to install, so there’s no need for you to edit your site’s code manually.
Many of them also give you an overview of your site’s most critical metrics directly in your WordPress dashboard. You can even set up automatic email reports, making it a lot easier to stay up-to-date with your campaigns.
Finally, some tools also help you set up other advanced Google Analytics tracking types, such as tracking downloads/link clicks or enhanced tracking for eCommerce stores.
MonsterInsights is one of the most popular WordPress Google Analytics plugins. It enables you to track your site metrics easily without editing any code. Apart from basic user demographics, you can also measure data such as clicks, links, downloads, and much more. Plus, it will display your audience reports in your WordPress dashboard, so you won’t have to switch between sites to view the information you need.
Besides that, MonsterInsights includes features such as:
- Easy setup
- Custom reports
- Real-time statistics
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance
- PDF exports
- Integration with WooCommerce, MemberPress, Google AdSense, and other popular plugins and tools
- Headline analyzer
- Various add-ons (such as Forms to track views and submissions)
Pricing: Limited free version. You can access premium features from $99.50 per year, which give you advanced tracking capabilities for events, eCommerce, affiliate links, and more. If you need help installing it, make sure to check out our MonsterInsights tutorial.
With more than 1 million active installs, ExactMetrics is another one of the most popular Google Analytics plugins for WordPress. It’s also free, which is great if you’re adding Google Analytics to a hobby site or startup.
This well-known tool to add analytics to your site was formerly known as Google Analytics Dashboard for WordPress (GADWP).
- It lets you track website visitors and get analytics reports in your WordPress dashboard.
- Shows you important details like page views, bounce rate, mobile analytics stats, organic searches, and traffic from social media sites.
- Displays real-time statistics, including the number of visitors, traffic sources, and where they come from.
- Provides in-depth reports for each page and post to analyze the on-page data and optimize your content.
- Provides full event tracking for AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages).
ExactMetrics makes it easy for you to track events like downloads, emails, affiliate links, and more with Google Analytics data.
Analytify is a freemium Google Analytics plugin. It offers a simple installation process to add the tracking code to your site.
- Just like MonsterInsights, it lets you view the analytics reports inside your WordPress admin area.
- Let’s check the statistics of individual posts and pages.
- It offers different add-ons to enhance its functionality. For example, you can track campaigns using UTM parameters.
- Let’s use eCommerce tracking for WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads to get an overview of your sales, transactions, and revenue.
- Sends automated email reports for every post, page, and general stats of your site.
Cost: Free. The premium version starts at $39.
Looking for a Google Analytics plugin to track your WooCommerce store?
The Enhanced Ecommerce Google Analytics plugin is a free WordPress plugin that’s great for WooCommerce.
Keep in mind that this plugin comes with certain limitations. It only supports simple products. Also, it’s not fully compatible with some WordPress themes, like custom or child themes.
- It uses the eCommerce tracking feature of Google Analytics to study user behavior and optimize your online store.
- Supports 4 types of behavior and performance reports: shopping, checkout, product, and sales.
- It helps you track product clicks, impressions, and add-to-cart events. These can be tracked on your product page, category page, featured product section, and more.
Google Analytics by 10Web is another freemium plugin on our list. It’s simple but gets the job done.
- Set and manage goals within your WordPress admin area.
- Get all your analytics reports in your dashboard, just like MonsterInsights.
- Integrated with Google Adsense and Google Ads (formerly Google Adwords) to get important data from paid ad campaigns.
- It lets you export reports in CSV to use elsewhere.
- Let’s you send automated email reports.
- Offers eCommerce tracking, custom notifications on specific triggers, and custom event tracking codes.
Cost: Free. The Premium version starts at $30.
6. GA Google Analytics
GA Google Analytics is a simple, lightweight, GDPR-compliant, and popular Google Analytics plugin. Its main purpose is to help you add the Google Analytics tracking code on every page of your website. It won’t display any data or insights like other plugins, but it does its job well.
This Google Analytics WordPress plugin is ideal for those who know how to extract the data you need from Google. And if you don’t want any extra information on your WordPress dashboard, you won’t find that feature with this plugin.
- It lets you easily add the Google Analytics tracking code to your website.
- It gives visitors the option to opt out of sharing their data. You won’t be able to track the users who opt out.
- Configures multiple tracking codes to help you track your links better.
- Disables tracking for users that are logged in the admin area.
To be clear, WP Google Analytics Events isn’t a typical WordPress Google Analytics plugin. It won’t show you your site’s data, but it’s an amazing plugin to track events that occur on your website.
You can easily set up events and observe the behavior of WordPress users and visitors. You can then track the number of clicks your CTA (call to action) gets and how far the visitor scrolled down your page. It’s also possible to track affiliate links and form submissions.
The only drawback is that it’s a little complicated to set up. So, you will need additional knowledge on how event tracking works.
WP Google Analytics Events Features
- It helps you track links and form submissions.
- Compares the performance of two different CTAs on your page.
- It helps you set up custom events.
- Allows you to track YouTube and Vimeo videos if you use the premium version of the plugin.
WP Statistics is a powerful but simple WordPress analytics plugin that helps you track all visitor activity on your WordPress dashboard. This plugin is good with geographical and content reports. Along with that, it shows your real-time website metrics. Even better, you can get all of these features for free!
This is not a Google Analytics plugin, but it has its own advantages. With WP Statistics, you won’t have to configure Google Analytics, and your website’s data won’t be shared with anyone.
This is possible because WP Statistics tracks and keeps all the data on your WordPress site, sharing it with no one but you. This also increases your WordPress backup size, but you can delete the old data to keep the storage costs manageable.
WP Statistics Features
- View all of the stats from your WordPress dashboard.
- Tracks redirect coming in from search engines like Google, Bing, and Yandex.
- It lets you filter data any way you want. You can filter it by location, browser versions, keywords, IPs, and more.
- Emails all the statistics of your WordPress website to keep you updated at all times.
Jetpack is an all-in-one WordPress plugin that offers security, performance, and site management tools. By default, Jetpack comes with WordPress installations.
Using Jetpack, you can monitor your site stats. After installing this plugin, go to Jetpack> Site Stats, then you will be asked to log in with your WordPress.com account.
To get started with Jetpack, you need to link your WordPress.com account with it. Once activated, You can see total views, total referrers, top posts & pages, etc.
After carefully analyzing the best Google Analytics plugins for WordPress in our list, we have concluded that MonsterInsights is the best WordPress plugin for Google Analytics.
It has an excellent free version and a comprehensive premium version. With its huge list of features, MonsterInsights makes optimizing your website very easy. But don’t take our word for it. You can try MonsterInsights out yourself right now. Once you start using it, you will never want to switch to another plugin again.
We hope our article on the best Google Analytics Plugin was useful. We have listed the best of the best, and you can’t go wrong with any one of the plugins you choose from this list.
The need for a clean, simple Google Analytics dashboard plugin for WordPress is required for anyone needing to see how their website is performing. If you get stuck and need assistance in installing a plugin, give hughesagency.ca a call today.