Content Creation and Optimization – 2021
We are all looking for better methods of creating website content. Therefore, we have compiled these articles to assist you in making your website content better and easier to manage.
Content creation is integral to any successful marketing strategy. Great content is a gateway to your brand; it’s how potential buyers find you and learn about you.
But writing content is only part of the equation. Content creation isn’t a slap-dash affair where you write a few hundred words, hit publish, and relax while you reap the rewards.
You’re doomed to fail with this approach because it’s missing one vital ingredient: content optimization. Don’t believe me? 90.63% of content drives zero organic traffic.
Numbers don’t lie. Without content optimization, the content you poured your blood, sweat, and tears into will never rank. A shame considering good content has potential.
According to SEMRush, 47% of content writers struggle to balance creativity and search engine optimization, while 38% fail to understand their target audience and its problems. This is why content optimization is so important.
Content optimization ensures you create content that reaches a broader audience, drives more search traffic, and helps you hit your business goals.
When we break it down, there are several steps involved in effective content optimization:
- Keyword research to uncover what your audience is searching for
- Writing meta descriptions and title tags
- Matching content to searcher intent
- Optimizing content headlines
- Incorporating relevant visual aids
If this all seems overwhelming, trust me, you’re not alone.
Many content optimization tools offer a tickbox process you can run every blog post through. Optimize content quickly, effectively and drive better results consistently—all at the click of a button.
Content marketing trend #1: Utilize video
When you think of creating content, most people’s minds go straight to blogging. While blogging is one of the most effective content marketing strategies, it’s not the only player on the field. One of the biggest content marketing trends for 2021 is utilizing video.
Videos are one of the most effective forms of content your business can use to engage your audience.
Just look at a few of these stats that show the power of video marketing:
- Five hours a day is how much time U.S. adults spend each day watching videos
- 90% of people say videos help them make a purchase decision
- 88% more time is spent on pages with videos
As you can see, video marketing has a noticeable impact on your audience and can influence their decision to buy. So, if you’re not incorporating videos as part of your content marketing strategy for 2021, you’re missing a prime opportunity to reach and engage your audience.
You can create numerous types of videos for your audience, including:
- Informational videos
- How-to or explainer videos
- Live videos
When you create your videos, make sure you’re effectively capturing your audience’s attention and making them want to watch your content. For example, try telling a story or sharing an interesting fact to get your audience invested in your video content.
Content marketing trend #2: Focus on the user experience
Next on our list of 2021 content marketing trends is focusing on the user experience. The user experience is fundamental to ensuring prospects stay engaged when visiting your content pages.
User experience includes multiple facets, so let’s break them down into website-specific and page-specific areas.
To make the most of this 2021 content marketing trend, you must optimize your website’s user experience.
Here are a few ways you can do that:
- Improve site load time: Users don’t want to wait for your content pages to load, so you need to ensure your site loads quickly. Use Google PageSpeed Insights to check your site’s current load time and use their suggestions to improve your site speed.
- Make your site mobile-friendly: People aren’t just reading content on desktop devices — mobile devices are commonly used to read content too. So ensure your site uses responsive design so you can deliver a great experience with your content on mobile.
- Use the right font: You’ll choose a font style for all your pages when you set your website’s design. Make sure you use a web-safe font so users can easily read your written content across browsers.
In addition to web-specific optimizations, there are also ways to improve the user experience on each page of content you publish.
Here are a few best practices:
- Write in small paragraphs: If you create sections with 7-8 sentences, you’re going to overwhelm your audience and make your content difficult to read. Instead, stick to 2-3 sentences per paragraph to allow for easy skimming and reading.
- Use bulleted lists: A bulleted list can help your audience read through information faster if you’re explaining a process or listing multiple options. Lists also help break up paragraphs of text.
- Add visuals: When people read your blog posts, they don’t want to see walls of text. So to enhance the user experience, add visuals to your content to help break up the text and create a better experience on your site.
Next on our list of 2021 content trends is optimizing content for search engines. This trend has existed for a while, but it still holds throughout the years. If your content isn’t optimized for search engines, you won’t drive traffic for your business.
So, how can you help your content rank in search results?
Here are a few search engine optimization (SEO) tips to help you optimize your content:
- Integrate relevant keywords: Integrate relevant keywords into your site if you want people to find your website in search results. You want to use a keyword research tool like KeywordsFX to find relevant, long-tail keywords for your site.
- Optimize your title tag and meta description: When users find your content, these two elements appear in search results. Therefore, optimize your title tag and meta description with your core keyword and stay within the character limit, 60- and 155-characters, respectively.
Content is still king, don’t deny or avoid the obvious. If you have issues creating content, give hughesagency.ca a call today.
Article compiled by hughesagency.ca
Article Reference Links:
- https://www.usetopic.com/blog/content-optimization-software/ ↑
- https://www.webfx.com/blog/marketing/2021-content-marketing-trends/ ↑
- https://www.searchenginejournal.com/10-important-2021-seo-trends-you-need-to-know/389395/ ↑