Five On-Page SEO Plugins for WordPress
Whether you are trying to climb organically with the search engines, you should get the aid of a quality SEO plugin for your WordPress website. We have compiled this list of 5 such plugins. Please note that you may want to consider a paid option for this task. It will give you more options and tools to assist you in bettering your SERP.
Yoast SEO is the best WordPress SEO plugin on the market. It offers a complete website optimization tool that helps you improve your website.
It lets you easily add SEO titles and descriptions to all posts and pages on your website. You can also use it to add Open Graph metadata and social media images to your articles.
Yoast SEO automatically generates an XML sitemap for all your website content, making it easier for search engines to crawl your website. It also helps you easily import your SEO data if you have been using another SEO plugin.
For more details, see our complete guide on how to install and setup the Yoast SEO plugin in WordPress.
This brings us to the next SEO tool on the list.
All in One SEO Pack
The All in One SEO Pack has a lot of the same functionalities as Yoast SEO. It’s just a little more customizable and has a few extra features.
For example, you can use it to:
- Edit your robots.txt file via a user-friendly interface*
- Edit your .htaccess file without FTP*
- Block “bad bots,” including referral spam*
- Add site links search box markup.
- Autogenerate meta descriptions
It also supports AMP, meaning that it integrates with the official AMP WordPress plugin out of the box.
RankMath SEO is a young SEO plugin for WordPress, which has gained immense popularity for its features. This standalone plugin is good enough for all your WordPress SEO needs. Before I could start recommending RankMath SEO plugin to ShoutMeLoud users, it took me a while, as the plugin was new. Since this plugin has proven itself worthy, it is recommended as the #1 SEO plugin for WordPress.
RankMath plugin is free to use at the time of writing, and it incorporates many features that are typically offered in the paid version of the SEO plugin.
The plugin is lightweight and lets you enable/disable modules to ensure it does not add unnecessary load on your web-server.
SEOPress is a powerful plugin to optimize your SEO, boost your traffic, improve social sharing, build custom HTML and XML Sitemaps, create optimized breadcrumbs, add schemas / Google Structured data types, manage redirections 301, and so much more.
This short video introduces the main functionalities offered by SEO Press.
The SEOPress plugin focuses on optimizing all the facets of your website. The free features include:
- Installation wizard to quickly set up your site.
- Titles (with dynamic variables: custom fields, terms taxonomy…)
- Meta descriptions (with dynamic variables too)
- Open Graph Data
- Google Knowledge Graph
- Google Analytics
- Twitter Card
- Canonical URL
- Content analysis
SEO Squirrly is marketed for people who aren’t SEO experts. It lives up to that claim by offering a complete SEO suite without any complicated elements. SEO Squirrly generates SEO recommendations differently than the other plugins we’ve already outlined. You start by typing in your article topic. The desired keyword is also punched in so that when you continue writing your content, a series of green lights is activated in real-time. It’s almost like you have an expert whispering into your ear as you’re writing.
- The keyword optimization is done as you’re writing the article. This is a little easier than Yoast, where you often have to save the article to see suggestions and results.
- If you plan on replacing an old SEO plugin for WordPress with Squirrly, it still keeps all of your settings from the previous setup.
- There’s a tool that analyzes your competition to see how you can outrank it.
- Squirrly includes content reports, which you can send to other people in your organization. For example, a writer might need to learn more about SEO, so you might send it to them after writing an article.
- You receive progress monitoring weekly, along with a solid tool that shows recent tweets about your topics. This provides both inspiration and ways to improve your content.
If you are stuck in selecting, and implementing an on-page SEO plugin for your WordPress website, call RapidPage today.
Compiled by hughesagency.ca
- https://www.wpbeginner.com/showcase/9-best-wordpress-seo-plugins-and-tools-that-you-should-use/ ↑
- https://ahrefs.com/blog/best-seo-plugins-for-wordpress/ ↑
- https://www.shoutmeloud.com/best-seo-plugin-wordpress.html ↑
- https://www.oncrawl.com/oncrawl-seo-thoughts/5-free-seo-plugins-use-wordpress/ ↑
- https://kinsta.com/blog/best-seo-plugins-for-wordpress/#broken-link-checker ↑