Role of Long and Short Videos in
We have compiled these articles to assist you in the creation of the optimal video length. Although you do not want to bore your audience, creating the correct video size is critical to keeping your audience engaged.
What is the Optimal Length of Videos?
Importance of Video in Digital Marketing
According to TechCrunch, nearly 1 billion hours of YouTube videos are watched around the world each day. This incredible metric isn’t surprising, though, because videos have dominated the digital marketing space for a while and are forecasted to continue growing, which is why marketing through the video should be part of your digital marketing strategy.
Why Include Video in Digital Marketing?
There are hundreds of reasons why digital marketers should choose to create videos, but some of the most impressive statistics that prove the importance of video in digital marketing are:
- 97% of marketers claim that videos help their customers better understand products.
- 81% of businesses are now using video as a part of their digital marketing strategy.
- Live videos account for 13% of total traffic
- 90% of consumers claim a video will help them when making a purchasing decision.
If these numbers don’t get your video creation juices flowing, then consider the reasons why you, as a digital marketer, enjoy watching videos yourself. Videos, if crafted correctly, are addictive, and videos give users a personal connection to what they’re watching. Marketing through video offers businesses the opportunity to quickly showcase essential business features while integrating fun graphics, a spunky voice, engaging music, or stylistic pictures.
Types of Videos to Use
There is a wide range of video types that are accessible for digital marketers to utilize, but here are a few that we have found to be most successful as part of our client’s digital marketing strategies:
- Facebook Live Video: This type of video gives viewers a raw, unedited look into the content a business wants to put out there. Facebook Live also allows viewers to comment and react to the video in real-time. We recently launched our Facebook Live Series: The Hot Dish in Digital. If you haven’t yet – check those videos out!
- Interview-Style Video: Short interviews with the right employees give customers an inside look at the heart of your business while maintaining a level of professionalism.
- Informative Video with Animation: This is the most common type of video we use at Top Floor. It features critical statistics about a business while showcasing stylish photos or shorter video clips alongside fun graphics and animated transitions.
Restrictions on Marketing Through Video
Each platform you choose to post a video on is different and comes with its own set of video restrictions. For example, videos posted directly to Instagram’s feed can’t be longer than 60 seconds; otherwise, they must be assigned to IGTV. Remember to research any video restrictions for posting and keep those in mind during your creation process. Having a solid foundation and list of guidelines to start will make the building and editing journeys much more enjoyable.
How Long Should Videos Be? The Ultimate Guide to Video Length
The rule of thumb is to keep most videos under two minutes, but optimal video length varies depending on where you share or embed it. Tips for each channel.
Most marketing videos should be two minutes or less. First outreach sales videos, under 60 seconds if you can swing it. Generally. But the length for any particular video depends entirely on the use case, channel, industry, and where it fits in the marketing and sales funnel. The earlier the stage, the shorter. The later, the longer. Below are recommendations for nearly every conceivable scenario.
Some video length stats:
- The average length of all business-related videos is just over six minutes
- The majority of videos (60%) are less than 2 minutes long
- Only 3% of business videos are 10 to 20 minutes long
- The average number of videos over 20 minutes in length grew 66% in 2020 indicated an increasing focus on longer-form educational content, such as on-demand webinars
- 58% of viewers watch a business-related video all the way through if it’s less than 60 seconds
Only 24% will finish a video if it’s longer than 20 minutes
- 59.9% indicated that a video being too long would strongly deter them from watching
- Facebook recommends that small businesses try keeping videos to around 15 seconds as much as possible. They shared that 47% of value in a video is delivered in the first 3 seconds
- Videos that are an average of 26 seconds receive the most comments on Instagram
 What’s The Relationship Between Video Length And Engagement?
Did you know that people’s attention span is shorter than that of a goldfish? It may sound funny and also unbelievable…but it’s a fact! People’s attention span has decreased to 8.25 seconds. This means that you have to be highly creative and have a strategic mindset to develop video content that is appealing enough (to persuade them instantly) and also hold their attention throughout the entire video. Is this possible? Of course, it is!
But you don’t have to take our word for it. You can see it with your own eyes in the next explainer video we created for Catan. Again, we tried to capture the viewer’s attention from the get-go and hold it throughout the whole video. Didn’t we nail it?
Considering that you have less than 8 seconds to generate some interest in your audience, you have to pay special attention to the duration of your marketing video. In this sense, there is quite a strong relationship between video length and engagement. And it’s not we at Yum Yum who are saying this. Stats seem to prove it! As a reference, check out some exciting data Wistia compiled in their studies about different types of marketing videos.
- 2-minute videos can generate great engagement. If you are capable of keeping your tape under 120 seconds, you will keep your viewers captivated.
- From minute 2 till 3, there is a noticeable drop in terms of engagement.
- From minutes 6 to 12, you have another exciting opportunity to connect with your audience.
- From minute 12 on, stay alert, as every minute that goes by, you’ll be losing engagement from your viewers.
We hope that the article has been a help in creating the optimal video length for your digital marketing. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact hughesagency.ca
Article compiled by hughesagency.ca
Article reference links:
- https://www.topfloortech.com/blog/importance-of-video-in-digital-marketing/#gref ↑
- https://www.vidyard.com/blog/video-length/ ↑
- https://www.yumyumvideos.com/short-vs-long-videos-explainer-video-length-wp/ ↑